Sunday, May 31, 2009

5/31/09 Normal Day

The End of May....


So after spending the morning doing yard work (since I played most of yesterday), I had a late brunch at The Full Belly Company in Boulder.

I ordered the Long's Farm Pork Benedict, which was extremely yummy. If you know me well, you will know that I skipped the eggs (but kept the hollandaise sauce - that's enough egg for me). It was served with a pretty large helping of potatoes. They were very good but I am not much of a potato eater. Full Belly proudly supports our local ranchers and farmers. All of their ingredients are free-range, organic and natural whenever possible. I will definitely go back to try more of their scrumptious foods.

Next door to Full Belly is Arugula's Restaurant- Northern Italian. This restaurant recently opened by Chef Alec Schuler - formerly at Treppeda's Restaurant in Niwot. Many items on the menu at Arugula's were my favorites when dining at Treppedas ... like the Dover Sole in an arugula pesto or the current offering of roasted tomatoes with a hazelnut pesto, the Belgium Endive Salad and the Arugula Salad. While I have only visited Arugula's once I will definitely be going back. I hope that you'll try it too. I believe you will have an awesome meal.

Later in the afternoon, I stopped by Borders bookstore and bought two new books:

The Big Book of Preserving The Harvest by Carol Costenbader
and
Jam It, Pickle It, Cure It and Other Cooking Projects by Karen Solomon

I partially chose the above books due to a class I am taking next weekend on Canning and another class (the weekend of 6/19)on making butter and bacon (2 of my favorite things). Again, if you know me, I don't eat much meat and then there is bacon...Yum! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment